This last weekend, 13 police officers were shot and wounded across the country in just 24 hours. These violent attacks against our police officers can be directly attributed to Congressional Democrats’ constant demonization and continued push to have our police departments defunded.
A spokeswoman for the National Police Association told Fox News:
“This is what we call the war on cops.”
“[W]e are constantly attacked, and we are either attacked doing very simple things — traffic stop, responding to a 911 call, a domestic. All of that.”
This violent weekend against our nation’s law enforcement comes as 2021 saw a nearly 59% increase in police officer deaths in the line of duty, the most since 1995.
DEMOCRATS’ CRIME CRISIS:
- Under President Biden, more police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2021 than in any year since 1995.
- In 2021, 73 police officers were killed – a 59% increase from 2020.
- According to the National Fraternal Order of Police, at least 30 policeofficers were shot in January, which is a 67% increase from last year.
- A new Politico/Morning Consult poll shows 2 in 3 voters, 69% of Americans, think more police funding would decrease crime.
- A new Ipsos poll also found that 64% of Americans disapprove of Biden’s handling of crime.
- In 2021, over a dozen U.S. cities set new homicide records in 2021.
- In 2021, there were 346 officers shot, 63 of whom were killed by gunfire.
- In 2021, there were 103 ambush-style attacks on law enforcement officers, a 115% increase from 2020.
- Progressive prosecutors are in cities that represent over 20% of the nation’s population.
DEMOCRATS WHO SUPPORT DEFUNDING THE POLICE:
- President Biden famously expressed support for the Defund the Police movement during an interview in 2020 but was forced to walk back his position after public backlash to his position.
- Vice President Kamala Harris applauded Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti for defunding the police.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said, “defunding police means defunding police.” Arguing the cuts to the NYPD weren’t enough.
- Rep. Ayanna Pressley said she supports efforts to defund police departments.
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib called for ‘no more police.’
- Tlaib’s campaign has paid over $150,000 to an anti-Semitic and defund the police activist, Rasha Mubarak.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar said “not only do we need to defund, we need to dismantle” Police Departments.
- Rep. Cori Bush said that she would “make sure” she has private security for her protection while simultaneously promising to defund the police for the rest of America.
- Rep. Cori Bush then doubled down in her support for defunding our police departments on Twitter.
- In February, Bush said she would not stop calling for our police departments to be defunded.
- President Biden’s Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke supported efforts to “defund the police.”
- President Biden’s Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta said officials must heed calls to “decrease police budgets and the scope, role, and responsibility of police in our lives.”
- President Biden’s Secretary of Labor, Marty Walsh, proposed a budget to divert funding from law enforcement.
REMINDER: House Democrats are STILL pushing their Defund the Police rhetoric as this crime crisis surges. Defunding and demonizing the police like this has dangerous consequences.