H.R. 1 is Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s signature piece of legislation to rig the election system in favor of Democratic politicians by undermining America’s electoral process.
Under H.R. 1, massive amounts of elections-related power would be transferred from the states to the federal government. The bill interferes with the ability of states and their citizens to determine qualifications for voters, to ensure the accuracy of voter registration rolls, to secure the integrity of elections, to participate in the political process, and to determine the district boundary lines for electing their representatives.
The end goal of H.R. 1 is clear-to enshrine into law dubious electoral practices that enable and encourage fraudulent behavior, such as ballot harvesting, false voter registrations, duplicate voting, and ineligible voting.
H.R. 1 contains many provisions that are unhelpful, unnecessary, and unconstitutional. Here are just a few of the terrible policies contained in H.R. 1:Violates the First Amendment – H.R. 1 deters political free speech by inserting a provision that makes it a criminal offense to provide “materially false” information that will “impede or prevent” someone from registering or voting. This provision is so vague that it would likely interfere with free speech and other legitimate activities. (source: starting on
page 122, line 13)
- H.R. 1 would federalize our election processes, which are currently run by the states – This is D.C. politicians’ way of trying to make sure the game is rigged in their favor. Politicians already in Washington should not be choosing who goes to Washington-voters should!
- Helps Liberals in Elections – H.R. 1 is designed to fund, elect, and maintain liberals in Congress, it even allows for using taxpayer dollars to fund candidates.
- Removal of Redistricting Power – Under this bill, the power to draw congressional districts would be given to an unelected third-party.
- Automatic Registration of Ineligible Voters – H.R. 1 interferes with states’ abilities to determine qualifications for voters and destroys the accuracy of voter registration rolls.
- No Accountability for Vote Counting – Destroys the sanctity of the election process and endangers our democracy by requiring ballots to be counted outside the county’s precinct.
- Felon Voter Registration – Upon release from prison, felons are automatically allowed to register as voters.
- Unchecked Voter Identification – States will be required to register voters on the day of elections and instead of requiring voters to bring ID to the polls, H.R. 1 allows for people to simply “sign a statement” confirming identification. With no buffer-period to verify personal information, this provision could easily lead to voter fraud.
Social Posts (Remember To Insert The Social Handle Of Your Member)Tweet This:
Nancy Pelosi’s H.R. 1 would give public funds to politicians’ re-election campaigns. The American people should not be forced to support the campaigns of politicians! [MEMBER]TWEET IT Tweet This:
H.R. 1 would federalize our election processes, which are currently run by the states. Politicians already in Washington should not be choosing who goes to Washington-voters should! [MEMBER]TWEET IT Tweet This:
H.R. 1 is deceptively titled the ‘For the People Act.’ A truer name would be the #StealElectionsActTWEET IT Tweet This:
.[MEMBER], H.R. 1 sets a dangerous precedent that strips states of their election oversight and includes far-left policies that Americans like me do not support. Please vote against H.R. 1. #NOTForThePeopleActTWEET IT Tweet This:
H.R. 1 would force states to allow same-day voter registration which opens the door for excessive fraud. [MEMBER] please do not support this anti-democratic bill. #StealElectionsActTWEET IT Tweet This:
.@SpeakerPelosi cares more about helping felons vote than she does about securing the border. Oppose #HR1 #NOTForThePeopleActTWEET IT